Feed Lease and PMA: Straight Outta Nashville
When is the last time you found yourself in the midst of a community of metal forming engineers and technicians just having a good old time? You might be saying never. For Feed Lease though, it was October 5th and 6th, 2016 in Nashville, Tennessee.
If you’re envisioning us kicking up our boots, eating barbecue and listening to honky tonk, you’re not quite there. (That came later.)
We were actually attending the PMA Servo Press Technology Experience. And the experience was great. We knew it would be though. That’s why we had a table display there and were proud to sponsor the event.
Here’s a play by play of what we gained at the conference:
- Information about the most recent state-of-the-art servo technology used in presses, transfer systems, coil-feed lines and more.
- Technical presentations and case studies that demonstrated how modern servo-based equipment can lead to improved productivity and quality.
- Networking with industry thought leaders to gain insight into how this technology is leading the evolution of the industry and where it’s headed.
- Education on transfer systems, coil-feed lines and other servo-based technology that currently exists in pressrooms and how they work together with press feeds to increase performance and efficiency.
- Knowledge from the experts, including press control manufacturers, servo press manufacturers and transfer system manufacturers.
As you may know, the PMA (Precision Metalforming Association) is a full-service trade association representing the industry that creates precision metal products using stamping, fabricating, spinning, slide forming and roll forming technologies, and other value-added processes. PMA is nearly 900 members strong and includes suppliers of equipment, materials and services to the industry.
But more than that, PMA is also the linchpin of the metal forming industry community - offering a regular menu of events, seminars and conferences throughout the year to draw a bunch of like-minded folks together who normally only see one another in passing on a busy factory floor. If they see each other at all.
Coming together this way helps us to stay abreast of advancements in other technologies as they relate to servo press technology and affords us the opportunity to talk about such advancements face to face with the manufacturers.
So what’s next for Feed Lease? We’re heading to Las Vegas, Nevada, November 16-18 for the same reason everyone hits Vegas - to have a good time.
In our case, the good time will be at FABTECH, PMA’s big show of the year. Look for us at booth #15055, where we’ll be showcasing servo driven grip feeds in heat shield manufacturing applications, advancements in servo controls, and the exciting technology behind coil fed laser tables. We’ll also be looking to make connections with those who want to coil feed servo presses because at Feed Lease, we have the experience, the knowledge and we fully understand the application.
See you there…?